Stuff I will miss about my little patch of South East London:
- Living next door to a fantastic steak restaurant.
- Having an awesome fireworks display held on my doorstep every November, and a great vantage point for the New Year’s Eve fireworks.
- Greenwich Park, in particular the daffodils in spring and witnessing its stealthy progression into Olympic equestrian venue.
- Sausage rolls from Hand Made Food.
- Street lights straight out of Harry Potter.
- Doing a lap of the farmers’ market on Sundays.
- Parkruns in Avery Hill Park.
- Cake with ice cream from Royal Teas (and the mind-boggling fact that this vegetarian cafe has somehow managed to become die-hard carnivore Mr Beet’s favourite place).
- Living within 3 minutes walk of all the basic amenities: train station, post office, supermarket, dry cleaners, gelateria.
- Old school Christmas lights that stay up well into the new year.